Friday, May 28, 2010

Halfway There


Hello Everyone! I am just about to finish up week 3 of radiation, which means after today, I will only have 17 sessions left! YAY! The only real side effect I am experiencing is the hair loss, but I knew that was coming, and I would much rather lose my hair than my energy!
Doug has arrived safely back to Tokyo to continue where he left off at the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and then he will finish up July and August at JETRO, the Japan External Trade Organization. He was able to attend my follow-up Brain Clinic in Rochester on Tuesday, and thankfully everything seems good to go for me, so hopefully I won't be too far behind in returning as well.
Since I am still unable to drive, Hoolia, one of my closest friends, left her 11 month old twins in Denver with Gma and Gpa and came to take care of me instead this week. We had a blast together! On Wednesday we hiked about 4 miles through a preserve near our house and enjoyed a sushi dinner with Macey and her friend Bethany. Yesterday, we spent the day at the Science Museum and Como Zoo. This weekend, my mom is graciously moving up to the big city to help me get to my remaining appointments. I am so lucky to have such a strong support system around me! Thank you always for all of the well wishes and happy thoughts being sent my way!!!!